It is always nice to stay at home with your hunny.. I am always looking for new things to do. I mean movie night is nice and everything.. but what else is there to do..
Here is a list I found that I thought was cool.. going to have to try some..
Here are 30 date night ideas that you can do at home after the little ones are tucked into bed and SOUND ASLEEP.
1. Have dinner in the backyard, patio, or your front lawn.
2. Re-watch the first movie you watched together.
3. Don’t cook and get your favorite take out.
4. Have a theme night. You must dress, eat dinner, and watch a movie with the same theme. Think ‘Western’ and dress like a cowgirl, eat bar-b-que, and watch Tombstone. Think ‘French’ and put on a black and white top, make French onion soup, and watch Amelie. It could be anything!
5. Put a blanket down and picnic in front of the TV.
6. Make a special dessert to indulge in. Bake chocolate chip cookies and right when you get them out of the oven put vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce on top. Even making brownies from a box can warm up any night.
7. Take a shower and get dressed up to go out, but stay in. One night I even put on my dress from my prom. I would never wear it out now, but I still love it and wore it on a night in.
8. Snuggle on the couch and watch a movie. I (heart) my Netflix queue!
9. Try to beat your all time record. (This was my husband’s suggestion for the list.)
10. Wear your old bikini that you would never wear in public again, because your stretch marks glisten too brightly in the sunlight! Ha. Your husband won’t care and will love you in it.
11. Break out the board games. Play it so that the loser has to do the dishes or even a fun strip version.
12. Wear your favorite lingerie under your normal clothes. Better yet wear none underneath.
13. Sit outside and read together.
14. Have a candlelit dinner in the dining room you rarely use.
15. Make a mix CD or playlist to enjoy throughout the evening.
16. Dance! Make room for our own private dance floor and have fun. Don’t worry, no one is watching you dance like Elaine Benes.
17. Write out an invitation card to your date requesting their presence at the VIP Lounge of your private nightclub.
18. Splurge on delicious cheeses and add fruit, crackers, and wine.
19. Make out during the DVD menu music.
20. Give each other a back rub.
21. Share your favorite dating memory with each other over dinner.
22. Set out candles around the room. (I know this is an old idea, but it is really nice to do once in a while.)
23. Dress as a character from a movie and you pick the character for each other (think Tom Cruise in Risky Business).
24. Work out together. Set up a circuit in the garage or in the back yard with a jump rope, dumbbells, push-up, and sit-up stations.
25. Cook together and try a new recipe for dinner or for a cocktail.
26. Go to bed early together.
27. Play video games together.
28. Watch a sports game and eat stadium food like nachos and hot dogs.
29. Set up a pair of chairs and stick your feet in the kiddie pool.
30. Make breakfast in bed for dinner and watch TV.